06 June 2009

It's Been a Year


Procrastination and a busy schedule spells doom for a painter. After a year of doing dozens of paintings in my head it was finally time, today, to squeeze the tubes and push the paint around. The result is, being honest, cute and amateurish. But, it is time for renewal. Time for discovery. The smell of oils and turpenoid acts like a magical elixir. I started this thing at 10:00 am. After an hour lunch break it's 5:30 and time to move on. Time flies, especially when you enter The Zone. I think I've forgotten how to build in shadows although I think I got some good values out of the session. I feel good about the composition. The spring in Vermont was pretty spectacular so I allowed myself some crazy colors.

No comments:

Fighting the Ugly Stage

It's the damndest thing . . . the ugly stage of a painting. After a careful drawing of the essential shapes followed by the setting up...